Timeline to Appeal:
Infraction appeals are filed within 30 days after the order or judgment.
This website serves as a general guideline of the appeal process for Infraction cases. To learn more you should read Title 8 of the California Rules of Court, Rules 8.900 – 8.929, which set forth the governing codes on the procedures for Infraction cases.
Below are the links to commonly used Appeal forms for Infractions. Any Judicial Council Form can be obtained at any courthouse or county law library or online. To obtain detailed information for the process of appeals on Infraction cases, click here.
- Abandonment of Appeal (Infraction) CR-145
- Information on Appeal Procedures and Notice of Appeal Form (Infraction) RI-AP001
- Proof of Service (Appellate Division) APP-109
- What is a Proof of Service? APP109-INFO
- Fees (Appeal fees start at line #163)