How to request copies

The court encourages parties to conduct their own records search through the court’s Public Access system. Through the Public Access system you can locate a case number, view the register of actions and/or purchase copies of public record, non-confidential documents.

If you know your case number, the court has available an online certified copy request system for civil documents and minute orders.  In the alternative, requests for copies may be made in-person or by mail.

If you do not know the case number, and cannot locate through Public Access, you may request court staff to complete a records search, online, in-person or through the mail.  A fee of $15.00 will be assessed pursuant to Government Code section 70627(c) for each search conducted.

The fee for copies is $.50 per page and if certification is requested, an additional $25.00 per document will be assessed.

Online Copy Requests

Through this online system you will be able to request copies of documents that are not confidential and are available to the public. You will also be able to request copies of certified minute orders. All copy requests will be completed within 5 business days.

In Person Requests

In person records search requests can be made at any of our court locations. Depending on the extent of the records needed, court staff makes every attempt to accommodate the requesting party while he/she waits.

Requests Made Through the Mail

If the request is made by mail, complete the Request for Records Search and/or Copies form and provide your credit card information or send a check.

Checks are payable to the ‘Riverside Superior Court’. If the amount owed is known, a check can be submitted with your copy request. ‘Not to exceed checks’, if the amount is unknown, should indicate the amount the check cannot exceed. All checks must be preprinted with the maker’s name and address.

Copy requests are fulfilled within 7-15 working days. Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope large enough to accommodate the requested documents. If a self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage is not provided the court shall include postage fees when completing the check or posting fees to your credit card.

© 2011 Superior Court of California, County of Riverside