Misdemeanors, felonies, and warrants all require a mandatory court appearance. Extensions will not be granted. You must appear at the Court on the date and time as directed on your release paper or arraignment letter.
WARNING: Failure to appear may result in a warrant for your arrest.
On your court date, check the posted court calendar for your name and the assigned courtroom. If your name is on a calendar, go directly to that courtroom. If not, report to the Criminal Clerk’s Office. Be prepared to provide identification and information on the arrest or alleged offense, including jail release paperwork, notice to appear, bail or bond receipts, or arraignment letter.
If you are currently on probation and need to appear in court you may do so at the court where you appeared for sentencing.
For courtroom appearances, the following rules are enforced:
- Shirt and shoes are required in the courtroom
- Tank tops and T-shirts are NOT allowed in the courtroom
- Food, drinks, and gum chewing are NOT allowed in the courtroom
- Weapons are NOT allowed in the courthouse
- Pagers and cell phones must be turned off