The Riverside County Tribal Alliance for Indian Children and Families is dedicated to increasing participation, communication, and understanding among the Court, the Tribes, and County agencies serving Native American families. The Alliance was formed in 2005 under the leadership of the Riverside Superior Court. The goal is to minimize Court and County intervention and increase Tribal participation and control over Native American children and families by developing culturally appropriate services. Alliance members are working to create and sustain partnerships founded upon understanding, communication, and cultural awareness among the sovereign tribal nations and community and governmental agencies.
The Alliance meets three times a year. Meetings are hosted by Alliance members and include presentations and discussions involving cultural awareness issues and Tribal programs. The Alliance has developed work groups that meet regularly throughout the year to discuss Tribal and Court issues. These workgroups are: Tribal Expert Witnesses; Standing Education Committee; Placement and Foster Care; and Domestic Violence.
The Tribal Alliance sees this as an opportunity to collaborate for the betterment of children in Riverside County.
- Standing Education Committee
- Tribal Expert Witnesses
- Placement & Foster Care
- Domestic Violence
Minimize Court and County intervention and increase Tribal participation and control by developing culturally appropriate services for Native American children and families.
To create and sustain partnerships founded upon understanding, communication, and cultural awareness among the sovereign tribal nations and community and governmental agencies.
News & Events
- Future Meetings
- Friday March 21, 2014 from 12:00 - 4:00 pm. The event will be hosted by the Torres Martinez Tribe in Thermal, Ca.
- Past Meeting Minutes
- Center for Families, Children & the Courts (CFCC)
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Riverside County Department of Public Social Services
- Tribal Successful Transitions for Adult Readiness (STAR)
- Indian Child Welfare Act Resource Directory (ICWA)
- Indian Child and Family Services (Website not currently available, please contact Yvonne Adams at 951.676.8832 ext. 28 for more information)
- Riverside County Probation