You may choose to attend Traffic School for certain vehicle violations. To be eligible for Traffic School you must meet the following criteria:
- You have not attended traffic school for a citation issued within the last 18 months from the violation date.
- Your citation is for a moving vehicle code violation and does not exceed 25 mph over the speed limit.
- You were not operating a commercial vehicle at the time of the violation.
- If your case involves a failure to appear, the failure to appear charge must be addressed or paid in full before you can attend traffic school.
- Your citation must be a moving violation and does not have a misdemeanor charge that requires a mandatory appearance in court.
- Your citation does not involve alcohol or drugs.
- Your citation is not for Vehicle Code sections 22406.5 or 21655.5.
- Your citation does not have a point count of more than one point under Vehicle Code section 12810 or more than one and one-half points under Vehicle Code Section 12810 or.5 (b)(2).
If you do not meet the above requirements, the clerk cannot grant traffic school and you must make your request to a judicial officer. If you are allowed to attend traffic school more than once in an 18-month period, the dismissal will still appear on your driving record.
NOTICE: If you are eligible and decide not to attend traffic school your automobile insurance may be adversely affected. One conviction in any 18-month period will be held confidential and not show on your driving record if you complete a traffic violator school program.
If you are not eligible to attend, but do so anyway, the conviction will be reported on your driving record and there will be no refund of any fees paid.
Failure to Complete Traffic School
Failure to complete traffic school by the due date will result in a forfeiture of your fees and a conviction will be reported to the DMV. There will be no further proceedings in the case.
Requesting Traffic School
You may request and pay for traffic school, using one of the following options:
- Online or
- By telephone: 951.222.0384
- By mail: you can send a check or money order, include the full bail amount plus the $57.00 Traffic School processing fee to the following location:
Payment Processing Center
505 S. Buena Vista Rm. 201
Corona, Ca. 92882
- In person at any Traffic Court location.
Traffic School Lists:
- Approved traffic schools recognized by DMV
When accessing the above DMV website, click on ‘Start Search’, then ‘Access the system’, then select, ‘Traffic School List’. Click on 'Get Traffic School List' then select from drop down list , ‘Classroom Course, Home Study Course, or Internet Course’. Follow the directions to locate a Traffic School.