Criminal FAQs
 Collapse All Expand All  

I have a court hearing, where do I go?

When you arrive at the court check the posted calendar to determine which courtroom you should go to. If your name is not on the calendar report to the clerk's office.

Do I have to go to court?

Yes, if a case has been filed with the court you must appear in court. Failure to do so will result in the issuance of a warrant for your arrest.

Can I get an extension on my case from the clerk's office?

No, you, or your attorney, must appear in court to request an extension/continuance.

Can I make a payment over the phone?

Yes, you may make payments on your criminal fine if you have already pled guilty and have set up a payment arrangement. A valid credit card is required.

How do I get a Public Defender?

You may request a Public Defender from the Judge, at your first appearance in court, the arraignment hearing.

Can I tell the Judge some information for my friend becasue they have difficulty with English?

No. A court interpreter will be available to assist in any language translation.

Do you have electronic withdrawal for payments made to the court?


Can I speak to my friend, who is in custody, in the courtroom?

No. Visitation with defendants who are in custody are to be arranged at the jail facilities.

I've been convicted of a crime and I have completed my probation. Where can I get the Petition and Order for Expungement pursuant to 1203.4/1203.4(a) PC?

Visit the Court's Self Help site for expungement information.