Enhanced Collections
   If the COVID-19 Pandemic has impacted your ability to make your payments, please contact us at  1-877-955-3463 (phone).

What is the Enhanced Collections Division?

The nationally recognized Enhanced Collections Division serves the public by providing assistance in paying court ordered fines and fees. The debtor completes a Financial Affidavit to assist in scheduling monthly payments to satisfy the court order. Collection Officers are professional and demonstrate sound communication in every financial assessment.

 Enhanced Collections Locations

Click Location for Address

Find Information About ...  Collapse All Expand All  

Payment Information

How Can I Pay?

You may pay by cash, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover), debit card with a Visa or MC logo, cashier's check, money order, personal check, or by Western Union Quick Collect.

Note: Fees may apply. Payments can be made in person, online, by mail, or by phone.

To Pay in Person:

Payments can be made at any Riverside Court location that is open to the public at the public service window. Some locations provide a payment drop box.

If your case has been forwarded to Court Ordered Debt Collections (COD) please call 1.916.845.4064.

If your case has been forwarded to Municipal Services Bureau (MSB) please call 1.800.616.0166.

If your case has been forwarded to Linebarger and Associates (LGBS) please call 1.877.243.9576

To Pay by Mail:

Payments can be mailed to:

Traffic and Criminal Payments:
Payment Processing Center
505 South Buena Vista
Rm. 201
Corona, Ca. 92882

Please make your check payable to Riverside Superior Court.

In order to receive proper credit to your account, please include your case number on the check or money order.

Please do not mail cash.

NOTE: Any returned check will result in a $63.00 returned check fee.

To Pay by Phone:

Please call  951.222.0384 (phone) with a debit or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover). Be sure to have your case number when calling.

Pay Using MoneyGram:


MoneyGram has two convenient options for individuals to pay traffic and criminal fines:

  • Walk in payments can be made at approximately 35,000 retail locations nationwide. MoneyGram accepts cash and debit card payments at certain locations. Call 1-800-MONEYGRAM to find a location and use receive code 7660 when making a payment.
  • Online payments can be made to the court through MoneyGram using a credit card or debit card with the Visa / MasterCard logo. Visit the MoneyGram website (external site ) and select Pay Bills.  Enter the receive code 7660 and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the payment. There is a transaction fee ranging from $2.99 to $4.99 based on the transaction amount.
Western Union Quick Collect:

Go to any Western Union (external site ) location. The code city is: LemonStreet and the state code is CA. Make payable to Superior Court of California, County of Riverside. To ensure proper credit, please put your case number on the account line. The code city, code state, case number and who it's payable to are required to make payment by Western Union. Fees will apply.

Pay Online:

You may pay your monthly traffic citation (ticket) and/or criminal fine payment with a credit card. To pay online visit ePay-It.

Is There a Grace Period for My Payment?

Payments must be received by the due date each month. Contact the Enhanced Collections Division if you are having difficulties meeting the due date.

If I Mail My Payment, Will You Send a Receipt?

Yes, if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with your payment.

What Happens If My Check Is Returned?

A $63.00 returned check fee will be assessed to the case and payment must be submitted within 15 days by cash, cashier’s check, money order, debit, or credit card.

If I Visit an Enhanced Collections Office What Should I Bring with Me?

Before visiting a Enhanced Collections office please read the walk-in information sheet (pdf ) for details and complete the Enhanced Collections verification form (pdf ).

Why Did My Case Go to Enhanced Collections?

All court-ordered financial obligations, including fines, fees, and victim restitution, are to be paid immediately, or in a manner to be determined by the court’s Enhanced Collections Division.

What If I Fail to Pay My Court Ordered Fines, Fees and Assessments?

Failure to pay court-ordered fines, fees, and assessments may result in the Enhanced Collections Division initiating a civil action. This may include, but not be limited to, property liens and wage garnishments.

Any delinquent balance may be reported to one or more credit reporting agencies. Furthermore, a civil assessment in the amount of $300 will be added pursuant to Penal Code section 1214.1. You may also be liable for additional cost/fees that may be incurred due to this action being taken.

Failure to Pay - Allegation of Violation of Probation

If the court ordered you to pay fines, penalty assessments, or victim restitution, and you fail to make payments, the court may proceed with an Allegation of Violation of Probation hearing. If you fail to appear for that hearing, the court may issue a WARRANT for your arrest.

Failure to pay your court-ordered fine, fee, or penalty assessment could result in collection through garnishment of wages, liens on property, and the possibility of your case being referred to an outside agency for collection pursuant to California state Government Code sections 12419.8 and 12419.10.

Your case may be submitted to the California Franchise Tax Board if you fail to pay your court-ordered debt(s). The court will intercept your state tax refund and/or state lottery winnings to pay any outstanding balance you owe to the court.

Allegation of Violation of Probation and Notice to Appear

If you receive a letter stating Allegation of Violation of Probation, you must appear at the scheduled hearing date and time or the court may issue a WARRANT for your arrest. To avoid a court appearance, you must submit PAYMENT IN FULL. Failure to do so will result in a mandatory court appearance.

When paying your case after the Allegation of Violation of Probation process has been initiated, you must pay in full by way of cash, credit card, or a cashier’s check. No personal checks or money orders will be accepted. You must submit payment in full a minimum of 3 days prior to the court hearing date on the letter.

Payment must be received at least three working days before your scheduled hearing date. To submit payment in full contact the Enhanced Collections Division at  1.877.955.3463.

I'm Unemployed. How Can I Pay?

If your case qualifies and you meet income guidelines, you may be eligible for the Sheriff’s Labor Program or community service.

What Do I Do If I Have Moved?

You must update your address and phone number with the Enhanced Collections Division via phone or in person.

Sign up for Text/Email Notifications

On cases where you have received a letter or statement from the Enhanced Collections Division, you can opt-in to receive a reminder notice via text and/or email within 5 days of payment due date.

  • Standard text message/data rates will apply. Check with your provider for cost details on your specific text plan.
  • It is your responsibility to make payments each month according to your payment agreement with the court.
  • To suspend or unsubscribe this service, you can use the “link below” or you can call 1-877-955-3463 and select the option for text/email notification. Note: It may take up to five (5) business days to process the unsubscribe request.
  • Due to circumstances beyond the Court’s control, electronic notices may not always be deliverable or delivered in a timely manner.
  • Upon successful opt-in or opt-out, you will receive a confirmation Email/Text.
  • Opt-In/Opt-Out for Electronic Payment Reminders

Victim Restitution

Reference Websites:

If the Court ordered you to pay victim restitution as a term of your probation, California Penal Code section 1202.4(5) states that because you were ordered to pay restitution you must complete and file a financial statement based on your financial status as of the date of your arrest. This statement must list all your assets, income, and liabilities including any that you may have claim for in the future.

Please complete the Defendant's Statement of Assets (external site pdf ).

I Have Been Ordered to Pay Restitution

I was ordered to pay victim restitution. Now what?

If the judge ordered you to pay victim restitution, you may be contacted by the Probation Department for further information.

I'm being assessed a 15% fee on top of the restitution owed. Why? (Adult cases only)

California law allows the addition of a 15% administrative fee to help recover the cost of collecting the restitution fine.

What if I dispute the amount of restitution?

Please contact the Probation Department.

How do I pay the restitution and administrative fee?

You may make your payment online via Epay-It (external site ) with a credit or debit card, use a credit card over the phone, mail in a check, or go to any Riverside County Court location that is open to the public. If you are unable to make payment in full, please call or visit one of the Enhanced Collections locations to set payment arrangements. Do not mail cash payments.

Are there statutes of limitations on victim restitution?

No, restitution fines and orders can be pursued until they are paid in full.

Penal Code section 1202.4(m) and Penal Code section 1214, ("Until the obligation is satisfied"). The Penal Code section 1214 ten-year limit does not apply to restitution.

What can happen if I do not make my payments as agreed for victim restitution?

The following are some actions the court can take, but is not limited to:

  • Pursuant to California Government Code sections 12419.8 and 12419.10, the court may intercept your state tax refund and/or state lottery winnings to pay any outstanding balance you owe the court.
  • An allegation of Violation of Probation may be filed if you fail to make your payments as agreed.
  • Civil action may be taken against you, which can include added fees, garnishment of your wages, and liens against your property.

For other ways of paying please see topic 'How Can I Pay.'(above)

If You Are a Victim

What happenes if I do not receive monies?

Enhanced Collections will make every effort to obtain the defendant's compliance, however, payment cannot be guaranteed. You may seek information about how to collect on your own by either visiting the Self Help Small Claims page, calling the small claims advisor at (Riverside): 951-274-4499; (Desert Region): 760-393-2163 or by e-mailing the advisor.

You  may also meet with the small claims advisor in person.  View dates, check times, and locations. (pdf )

How will I receive monies paid by the defendant?

Court warrants (checks) will be issued to you as payments are received from the defendant.

Will I receive a payment on restitution?

When a payment is received by the defendant, the payment will be spilt (if multiple victims) and sent to the victims involved in the case requesting restitution.

If monies are received from the defendant in the form of a personal check, payment is held in trust for 30 days until the check has cleared the bank.

If you still have not received payment one of the following may have occurred:

  1. The defendant has not made a payment;
  2. The court does not have a current mailing address for you; or
  3. The case has been sent back to court for a hearing regarding the matter.
What do I do if I moved?

Contact the Enhanced Collections Division.

Tax Intercept

Any case that has a past due "Date to Pay" in the court’s case management system, may be submitted to the Franchise Tax Board.

Pursuant to California State Government Code sections 12419.8 and 12419.10, your name may be submitted to the California Franchise Tax Board if you fail to pay your court-ordered debt(s).

The court will intercept your state tax refund and/or state lottery winnings to pay any outstanding balance you owe to the court.

What happens if the Superior Court of California, County of Riverside intercepted my state tax refund?
  1. If a new payment plan has not been established, you should pay your remaining balance in full at any court location.  Next, contact the court location where you were sentenced, regarding the letter you received from the Franchise Tax Board.  This may prevent additional actions from being taken on your case.  If there is an outstanding 'failure to pay' warrant you will need to make a court appearance as scheduled by the court. 
  2. If a new payment plan has been established, continue making your payments as agreed.
    Do not stop making your monthly payments.
    Not making payments will result in the court taking further action against you. 
  3. If the state tax refund covers the full amount owed to the court, contact the nearest Enhanced Collections Division office regarding the letter from the Franchise Tax Board.  The Enhanced Collections Division will update your case appropriately so no further actions will be taken.  When you call you will be  advised if you have anything else outstanding that the state tax refund does not cover.

A failure to pay warrant may still be outstanding and you will need to make a court appearance, as scheduled by the court, for any balance that is assessed from that warrant.

What happens if I have already paid my case in full and the court has intercepted my state tax refund?

If your case has been paid in full and your refund has been intercepted, and you do not have any other outstanding debt to the Riverside Superior Court, a refund check will be issued to you in approximately 10 to 12 weeks from the date of the letter that you received from the Franchise Tax Board.

It takes 4 to 8 weeks for the Riverside Superior Court to receive the intercepted taxes from the Franchise Tax Board, 1 to 2 weeks for the court to process the check received from the Franchise Tax Board, and 1 to 2 weeks for the overpayment check to be sent to you.

To assist in getting your refund check faster, please verify your mailing address with the Court location where you were sentenced.

What happens if I do not owe the Riverside Superior Court money and my taxes were intercepted?

If your taxes were intercepted and nobody on your tax return owes money to the Riverside Superior Court, contact the court where you were sentenced and they will research why your taxes were intercepted.

What can I do if I was tax intercepted but never had a case with the Riverside Superior Court?

If you believe your California State Income Taxes have been intercepted in error, contact the Enhanced Collections Division via phone or in office at any of our court locations. To better assist you and expedite the process, please be prepared with a copy of the following: Tax Intercept letter from the Franchise Tax Board, Driver’s License, Social Security card, and completed copy of the Refund Request – Errant Tax Intercept form.

What if the case number on the letter does not match the case number I owe monies on?

The reference number on the Franchise Tax Board letter is only a reference number for the court. The case number on the letter may be for an older case than the one on which you owe. The amount intercepted will be applied to the case(s) on which monies are owed.

What if the case number referenced on the Franchise Tax Board letter has a balance more than what is owed on the case?

The court will apply any amount over what is owed on the case to any other open case(s) for the defendant. If all cases are paid in full and not in warrant status then the overage will be refunded to you.

When contacting the court please have your case number and the letter you received from the Franchise Tax Board in hand.

Bankruptcy Information

Court-ordered fines, fees, and assessments are NOT eligible for discharge.

Any fines, fees, and restitution imposed by the court are still enforced as outlined in Title 11 of the USCS, § 523, "Exceptions to discharge" (a) (6), (7), (9), and (13). These codes state in part, “ . . . to the extent debt is for a fine, penalty, forfeiture payable to and for the benefit of a governmental unit, and is not compensation for actual pecuniary (commercial) loss, other than a tax penalty."

Can I Serve Time for My Fine?

If your case qualifies and you meet income guidelines, you may be eligible to serve time in lieu of paying a fine. Court fees and restitution ARE NOT eligible and must be paid.

I Went to Prison. Do I Still Owe the Fine?

Depending on the court order, the fines and fees may still be due and payable.

The Judge Didn't Say I Owe Probation Costs. Why Do I Have to Pay?

Pursuant to 1203.1b PC, in any case in which a defendant is granted probation or given a conditional sentence, the probation officer, or his or her authorized representative, taking into account any amount that the defendant is ordered to pay in fines, assessments, and restitution, shall make a determination of the ability of the defendant to pay all or a portion of the reasonable cost of any probation supervision or a conditional sentence, of conducting any pre-plea investigation and preparing any pre-plea report pursuant to Section 1203.7.

I Have a Warrant, but Live out of State and Cannot Appear in Person. What Can I Do?

If you have a warrant on a misdemeanor or felony case, you may be able to have an attorney appear on your behalf, unless otherwise advised by an attorney or the Court.