Pay Traffic Ticket

There Are Several Ways for You to Pay Your Traffic Citation or Fine:


You may pay online with a credit card.

To pay online, you must have either your citation number or your case number (search for your case number).

City of Riverside

ePay-it Portal

Online Traffic Citation Payment Service

Pay Traffic Ticket Online
(external site )

Other Payment Options & Info ...  Collapse All Expand All  

Traffic School

Sign up for traffic school

You may attend traffic school if you meet the following criteria:

  • Your citation is for a moving violation of the California Vehicle Code
  • You have not attended traffic school within the past 18 months for any other violation.
  • If you citation is for speeding, you did not exceed 25 mph over the posted speed limit.
  • You were not operating a commercial vehicle at the time of the violation.
  • Your citation does not contain a charge that requires a mandatory court appearance.
  • You were not cited for alcohol or drugs.
Requesting Traffic School

If you wish to attend traffic school, you must attend a DMV-approved course (see below). Select one of the following options:

  • Online
  • By telephone:  951.222.0384
  • In person at any Traffic Court location.
  • By mail: Please make your check or money order payable to 'Riverside Superior Court' and note your citation number on the check. Send your check for the full amount of your fine plus the $67.00 traffic school processing fee to:

  • Payment Processing Center
    505 S. Buena Vista Rm. 201
    Corona, Ca. 92882

  • You must provide one of the following court codes to the traffic school you attend:
    • Western Region (Banning, Corona, Hemet, Moreno Valley, Murrieta, Temecula): 33460
    • Desert Region (Blythe, Indio): 33450

NOTE: You may request a payment plan for traffic school (a $35 administrative fee will apply). Traffic school payment plans must be paid in three (3) installments. To establish a payment plan online, visit ePay-it (external site ).

Traffic School Lists:
  • Approved traffic schools recognized by DMV (external site )

  • When accessing the above DMV website, click on ‘Start Search’, then ‘Access the system’, then select, ‘Traffic School List’. Click on 'Get Traffic School List' then select from drop down list , ‘Classroom Course, Home Study Course, or Internet Course’. Follow the directions to locate a Traffic School.

NOTE: If you are eligible for traffic school and decide not to attend, your automobile insurance may be adversely affected. One conviction in any 18-month period will not show on your driving record if you complete a traffic violator school program. If you are not eligible to attend but do so anyway, the conviction will be reported on your driving record and there will be no refund of any fees paid.

Sign up for a Payment Plan

Traffic Fine and Traffic School Payment Plans

You may request a payment plan  if you are unable to pay the full amount on your traffic case (a $35 administrative fee will apply).    For traffic school, payment plans are available and must be paid in three (3) equal installments. To establish a payment plan online, visit ePay-it (external site ).

To pay by mail complete the Agreement to Pay Traffic Fine in Installments (external site pdf ) or the Agreement to Pay Traffic School in Installments (external site pdf ).   Once completed, send your signed agreement, your courtesy notice payment coupon, the $35 administrative fee and your first installment payment of $50 to: 

Payment Processing Center
505 S. Buena Vista RM. 201
Corona, CA 92882

Proof of Correction

Correctible Violation Only:

If you have a correctable violation (as noted on your citation) and you are submitting proof of correction, you must send $25 for each corrected violation. You may take your citation to any law enforcement office during normal business hours so the officer can sign the back of your citation. Send the signed Proof of Correction and your check or money order payable to "Riverside Superior Court" to:

Payment Processing Center
505 S. Buena Vista, Rm. 201
Corona, CA 92882

Your proof of correction may also be paid by credit card and submitted via eSubmit.

NOTE: If the fine on your case has already been paid, a proof of correction will not be accepted.

Correctible AND Moving Violation:

If you have both a moving violation and a correctible violation, you must resolve the moving violation at the time of submitting your proof of correction. 

Lost Citations:

If you lost your citation, follow the steps listed below:

Step 1: Download the Certificate of Correction (pdf ) form.
Step 2: To complete the form you will need information from your case. Search for your case number.
Step 3: Follow instructions on the form and return it to the court by mail or eSubmit.
Send your signed Proof of Correction and your check or money order payable to "Riverside Superior Court" to:

Payment Processing Center
505 S. Buena Vista, Rm. 201
Corona, CA 92882

Payment by Mail

You may pay your fine by mail with a check, money order or credit card information.

Make your check or money order payable to Riverside Superior Court and please include your case number.

If paying by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover, please complete the payment coupon located on the bottom of your courtesy notice.

Mail payments and the coupon on the bottom of your courtesy notice to:

Payment Processing Center
505 S. Buena Vista Rm. 201
Corona, CA 92882

Payment by CheckFreePay Service

You can pay your fine by using CheckFreePay service. Find a participating retail location for CheckFreePay (external site ).

Bring cash and your courtesy notice or citation. The courtesy notice or citation contains information you will need for your fine payment transaction.
The cost for this service will range between $0.88 - $2.50 (check with your retail location for more information).  

Please allow 1-3 business days for your payment to post to the Riverside Superior Court.

Payment by MoneyGram

You can pay your fine by using MoneyGram. moneygram

Payments can be made at approximately 35,000 retail locations nationwide.

MoneyGram will also accept cash and debit card payments at certain locations. To find a location or get more information, call 1-800-MONEYGRAM. Use Receive Code 7660 when making a payment.

To pay online through MoneyGram using a credit card or debit card with the Visa / MasterCard logo, visit the MoneyGram website (external site ) and select Pay Bills.
Enter the Receive Code 7660 and follow the instructions on the screen to complete your payment.

Note: There is a transaction fee ranging from $2.99 to $4.99 based on the transaction amount.

Payment Directly from Your Bank Account

If you do online banking, many banks or financial institutions offer online bill pay and you can pay your fine through your bank account. Please check with your bank or financial institution for more information.

Payment with a Courthouse Lobby Self Service Terminal

For your convenience, a Drop Box / Self-Service Terminal is available from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the following locations:

Drop Box:

You may submit documents or payments in the drop box. All submissions will be processed on the next business day.

Self-Help Terminal:

You may print forms, schedule a clerk appointment, schedule a court appearance, request a court trial, pay your fine, get an extension or sign-up for traffic school at any of the Self-Help Terminals.

Payment by Telephone

You may pay your fine in full or make a payment (if you have previously set up payment arrangements) by telephone with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover card. Call  951.222.0384.

This option is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Touch tone features are available in both English and Spanish.