Self-Help Information Centers

What Are Self-Help Information Centers?

Self-Help Information Centers provide general assistance to people who do not have attorneys. Assistance is provided in the areas of family law, evictions, small claims, name changes, guardianship, conservatorship, probate and restraining orders. You can also find information about upcoming workshops and other available assistance.

Where are the Self-Help Information Centers located?

   The Self-Help Information Centers are currently temporarily closed, but are still offering limited remote services (see the notice).

What Resources Are Available at Self-Help Information Centers?

Computers – Computers provide access to the Court’s website.  They may also be used to complete legal documents, conduct research, find additional resources and access court records.  Please note that there is a fee of $0.50 per page to print copies from a court file.    

Form Packets – Commonly used form packets of legal documents are available.  For instance, there are form packets for Unlawful Detainer, Divorce, and Default Judgment (Divorce). 

Where Can I Get Help with Legal Information and Assistance with Forms?

Is there a fee for using the Self-Help Information Centers?

There is no fee to use the centers or any assistance provided. However, you may need to pay for copies and court filing fees at the clerk's office.