Filing Small Claims

How to File

Information for Plaintiff:

Information for Defendant:

Fees to File a Small Claims Case with the Court

Range Fee
$1.00 to $1,500.00 $30.00
$1,501.00 to $5,000.00 $50.00
$5,001.00 to $10,000.00 $75.00

For Additional fees, please see the Court's Fee Schedule (pdf ).

Filing Your Case

  • In Person
    • You may submit your paperwork in person. Please bring with you the original document plus one copy for each party on your case
    • Use our court locator to verify where your case belongs
  • By Mail
    • You may submit your paperwork by mail. Please mail the original plus one copy for each party listed on your case to the court. In addition to your copies, please include a self-addressed, pre-stamped envelope so that the court can return your copies
    • Acceptable forms of payment include a check or money order
    • The check is made out to "Riverside Superior Court"
    • Mail forms and envelope to:
      • Superior Court of California, County of Riverside
      • Attn: Small Claims Division
    • Use our court locator to verify the proper court location for filing
    • Court addresses
  • eSubmit


You can request the court to provide you with an interpreter. A court-provided interpreter may not be available. Alternatively, you may bring an adult who is not a witness or an attorney to interpret for you.

ADA Accommodations

If you have a disability and need assistance, you may complete the form Request for Accommodations (MC-410) (external site pdf ).