Judgment Creditor

  • If you win your case and the judge issues a judgment in your favor, you can begin collecting your judgment. You must wait at least 30 days before enforcing your judgment.
  • How Do I Enforce My judgment?
    • You are the judgment creditor. You must collect your judgment. The court will not collect it for you.
    • Collection depends on how much information you have about the debtor's assets. For example, if you have information about the debtor's income or property, you may be able to attempt a wage garnishment, bank levy, or lien on real estate.
    • Information re: enforcement (external site )
  • After the judgment has been paid in full, you must fill out an Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of Judgment and file it with the court clerk.

Judgment Debtor

Self-Help / Low Cost Assistance

  • The court provides assistance with forms and procedures through the Small Claims Advisory Program.
  • Low-income individuals can receive assistance with collecting their judgment through the Inland Empire Latino Lawyers Association (IELLA) by calling:  951-369-3009 (phone).