Judgment Creditor

  • If you win your case and the judge issues a judgment in your favor, you can begin collecting your judgment. You must wait at least 30 days before enforcing your judgment
  • How do I Enforce my Judgment?
    • You are the judgment creditor. You must collect your judgment. The court will not collect it for you
    • Collection depends on how much information you have about the debtor's assets. For example, if you have information about the debtor's income or property, you may be able to attempt a wage garnishment, bank levy, or lien on real estate.
  • After the judgment has been paid in full, you must fill out an Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of Judgment and file it with the court clerk
    • If an Abstract of Judgment has not been recorded, you may use the form SC-290
    • If an Abstract has been recorded, please file Form EJ-100

Judgment Debtor

  • If you lost your case, please refer to the information found on the form "What to Do After the Court Decides Your Small Claims Case (SC-200 INFO)
  • Warning! You may lose important rights if you do not act within 30 days after the court mailed you the Notice of Entry of Judgment

Self-Help / Low Cost Assistance

© 2018 Superior Court of California, County of Riverside