Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

2024 Escheatment Claim Instructions and Forms:

If you were mailed a notice - See the claim steps/instructions here


View up-to-date information about court operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.  Updated:  04/13/2023 5:33 pm

Juvenile Agencies

Agencies for Juvenile Cases

There are many agencies involved in juvenile cases.

Delinquency Cases

In delinquency cases, the District Attorney prosecutes the case. Private counsel may be retained to represent the minor or the court may appoint a Public Defender. The Probation Officer provides services and oversees the supervision of the minor.

Dependency Case

A dependency case is filed on behalf of the dependent children to ensure their safety and protection. County Counsel represents the people of the state of California. A Social Worker with the Department of Public Social Services provides services and oversees the dependency case. Juvenile Defense Counsel may be appointed to represent the minors; separate counsel may be appointed to represent the parent(s) or guardian(s).

Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)

A Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteer may be appointed by the Court in juvenile cases to advocate for children. CASA Volunteers stay with each case until it is closed and the child is placed in a safe, permanent home.